August 10, 2021
Become a Lifestyle Solutions Community Member
Lifestyle Solutions is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to support people with disability, and children and young people at risk to achieve their goals in life. We believe everyone is equal. Our mission is to enable each person we support to realise equal opportunity and equal respect.
Lifestyle Solutions was founded in 2001 by a small group of people in Newcastle meeting around a kitchen table to commit to creating better lifestyle solutions for people living with disability. We are proud to be a membership-based organisation, with our members playing a vital role in helping to achieve our mission and vision for the people we support, families, our staff and stakeholders.
With the support of our members, Lifestyle Solutions has actively driven change in the disability sector and is a successful advocate for the rights of people with a disability and children and young people at risk.
In 2018, Lifestyle Solutions members voted in favour of adopting a new Constitution for the organisation, which included the formation of a new group of members - Lifestyle Solutions Community Members - to grow and diversify feedback and input into the organisation from our community. Our community includes the people we support, families, our staff and other people with a commitment to our purpose and mission. Anyone over the age of 18 years can become a Lifestyle Solutions Community Member.
Application to become a Lifestyle Solutions Community Member
Becoming a Lifestyle Solutions Community Member carries many benefits and opportunities for engaging with our organisation and our governance such as:
- A dedicated Community Membership email address to send and receive communications with the Lifestyle Solutions’ Board;
- An invitation to the Annual General Meeting;
- A copy of Possibilities, Lifestyle Solutions’ magazine that provides valuable updates on our activities; and
- Invitations to Lifestyle Solutions Community Member events
In addition, Community Members will be encouraged to suggest other strategies that will promote and enable community feedback into our organisation.
You can apply to become a Lifestyle Solutions Community Member by:
- Completing the online membership application through the link below
- Contacting the Lifestyle Solutions Community Membership team on 0402 750 192
- Emailing the Lifestyle Solutions Community Membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the Lifestyle Solutions Constitution, the Board of Directors of Lifestyle Solutions considers and decides to admit each Community Member. Each application to become a Community Member is put forward at the next available Board meeting, which are usually held at the end of each month.
Confirmation of the success of your application will include a Community Member welcome and information pack.