We believe that taking part in community, social and recreational activities increases the wellbeing of the people we support, helping them to forge a stronger community spirit….and, most of all, to have fun!
Our community, social and recreational supports cater to the individual interests and abilities of our customers. We provide a comprehensive range of programs and activities to help you get out in the community, take a class, volunteer, exercise and make new friends.
We help customers to build confidence and pursue their interests by providing:
- support to expand social networks and friendship groups
- practical skill building activities such as numeracy, literacy and financial management
- life and transition planning such as transitioning from school to adulthood
- volunteering opportunities with organisations such as Meals on Wheels and other community groups.
Our Community Hubs foster an inclusive and supportive culture and offer a calm and creative environment for our customers to engage in activities such as:
- sensory interactive activities
- social outings
- music groups
- arts and crafts
- cooking and developing domestic skills
- swimming, hydrotherapy and water aerobics
- gym, bowling and many other leisure activities.
For everyday disability support you can count on call 1800 634 748.